Sunday, January 22, 2012

Searching for Numbers

Alright, after struggling to come up with a fun and engaging activity to help students grasp the numbers 11-15 I think I may have come up with something to help. It is pretty simple, but my kids are the best little detectives and love to find things. So...I am going to hide the number for the day around the room. I made little cards in different fonts. No more obvious spots for them this time...tricky spots for my little detectives. Then they will have the recording sheet and will get to color in a number when they find it. To add to the fun I will let them use magnifying glasses, visors and clipboards to aid their search! The amount of numbers hidden around the room will be the same as the number, for example there will be eleven elevens and twelve twelves. Click here for the number cards and click here for the recording sheet!!!

In addition to searching for numbers we will also make large numbers and glue on items to the number. I will upload a photo when we finish. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment